|Se ofrece una beca predoctoral para investigación en Distrofia Miotónica dentro del
programa Santiago Grisolia. Esta beca requiere que el candidato se haya
graduado por una universidad no española con posterioridad al 1 de enero
PhD position available
A 3-year PhD position is available at the Translational Genomics Group of the University of Valencia (Spain) under the supervision of Prof. Ruben Artero to perform the research project entitled “Use of microRNAs as therapeutic targets and biomarkers of disease progression”.
The selected candidate will be funded by the Santiago Grisolia PhD programme, and will have a net salary of 1200€ per month plus travel and tuition expenses.
Eligible candidates must have gained a degree in Life Sciences from a non-Spanish university after the 1st of January of 2011 and will have to enroll in the “Research in Genetics and Molecular and Cell Biology” Master degree (www.uv.es/bmcg) unless already hold their own master degree.They must also possess a good command of Spanish or English. Candidates are encouraged to send their updated CV, a student record with marks, and two letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 25th of February 2013
Recent publications by the group:
1. Fernandez-Costa JM, Garcia-Lopez A, Zuñiga S, Fernandez-Pedrosa V, Felipo-Benavent A, Mata M, Jaka O, Aiastui A, Hernandez-Torres F, Aguado B, Perez-Alonso M, Vilchez JJ, Lopez de Munain A, Artero RD. (2013). Expanded CTG repeats trigger miRNA alterations in Drosophila that are conserved in myotonic dystrophy type 1 patients. Hum Mol Genet.
Feb 15;22(4):704-16. doi: 10.1093/hmg/dds47.
2. Llamusi B, Bargiela A, Fernandez-Costa JM, Garcia-Lopez A, Klima R, Feiguin F, Artero R. (2013). Muscleblind, BSF and TBPH are mislocalized in the muscle sarcomere of a Drosophila myotonic dystrophy model. Dis Model Mech.
Jan;6(1):184-96. doi: 10.1242/dmm.009563
3. Garcia-Lopez A, Llamusi B, Orzaez M, Perez-Paya E, Artero RD. In vivo discovery of a peptide that prevents CUG-RNA hairpin formation and reverses RNA toxicity in myotonic dystrophy models. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.
4. Weavers H, Prieto-Sanchez S, Grawe F, Garcia-Lopez A, Artero R, Wilsch-Bräuninger M, Ruiz-Gomez M, Skaer H, Denholm B. The insect nephrocyte is a podocyte-like cell with a filtration slit diaphragm. Nature.
5. Garcia-Lopez A, Monferrer L, Garcia-Alcover I, Vicente-Crespo M, Alvarez-Abril MC, Artero RD. Genetic and chemical modifiers of a CUG toxicity model in Drosophila. PLoS One.